Dear Future Husband,
I am pretty sure that I’m not your dream girl (I’m not Deepika Padukone/Alia Bhatt/Jacqueline after all!) but, trust me, I am the girl who will walk with you to achieve your dreams, apart from the one mentioned above *rolls eyes*.
I am not perfect, but I’ll make sure that our lives are. You’ll have the freedom you need and the space you deserve. Each day with me would be one hell of a ride and yet when you come home, I’ll welcome you with open arms and twinkling eyes. I’ll bid you a warm goodbye when either of us leaves for work, and will not bombard you with those love-filled messages or calls (mostly *wink*). I’ll let you work in peace because that’s what I want from you and together I know, we can make this happen.
You may be scared of marriage and so am I, but marrying an imperfect woman (like *Me*) comes with some added benefits 🙂
1. I’ll not have the same opinion and perspective towards life, and might even have a completely opposite lifestyle, but I’ll not judge you for being who you are and for having dreams that seem worldly impossible.
… Because I know you’ll respect my opinions and make an attempt to understand them.
2. Well, I won’t lie here. I’ll take some time to get ready and dressed up, but when I’m done I’ll look like a proper patola as in total bombshell and I’m going to swoon you in my love each time it happens.
It’ll be worth every second of the wait, you bet!
3. Obviously, I will miss my parents and sometimes resort to crying about being away from them. But none of it will affect the relationship I have with your parents. I’ll love and respect them like my own.
… And I know you’ll make equally enough efforts with my parents too.
4. I might perhaps never be able to cook the earth shaped Rotis, but I’ll accompany you to the best food joints in the city and we’ll eat everything the world has to offer.
Discovering and exploring new places, and trying exotic yet delicious delicacies – that’s the dream, right?
5. I will argue with you and confront you each time I feel the need, but I’ll never bottle up my emotions, and let bitterness brew and affect our relationship…
… Because I’m conscious of the fact that an ideal relationship needs constant renovation. I will never give up on ‘us’.
6. There would be times I totally screw up and commit blunders, but I promise, instead of running away from them, I’ll accept them and apologize for them!
… For ‘you’ and ‘our relationship’ mean a lot more than my ego!
7. Often than not, I’ll crib, cry and even complain about the world to you, but each time you’ll need to vent, I’ll be the strong shoulder for you.
I’ll let you unburden yourself and will understand you because I know it’s not a perfect world out there, and we all need time to cool off.
8. I’ll never let a day slip away without creating lasting memories with you. From notes to cards, hugs to kisses, I’ll make every moment special for you.
Because all these memories will make us adore each other even more.
9. With me you’ll always feel handsome, hot, brave, wanted, needed, special… I’ll treat exactly as I want you to treat me, never a percent less
We don’t have to wait for the world to validate, as long as we are perfect for each other.
10. I might get too overwhelmed with my emotions at times, and suffer from cryptic mood swings, but I’ll calm down the moment you say, “babe I’m here with you.”
That’s all I would need then!
11. I will understand your hardships and stand by you and help you endure.
… For I have tasted failure too, and I know what it feels like, but even more, I’ve picked myself up and breathed. And as one, we’ll do the same for you.
12. I don’t expect rather want you to be perfect either – that’s too much of a burden to handle.
I’ll rather accept you exactly the way you are – weird, flawed and genuine, like me!
13. And of course, the greatest advantage of getting married to an imperfect woman is that you’ll be spending your life with someone who is candid in her thoughts and actions.
…For my flaws and imperfections make me unique and one of my kind.
And a flawed original is still better than a perfect duplicate, right?
Imperfect Future Wife.
Images Credit: Giphy